As I mentioned, I had a birthday recently. I turned 25, which seems old because I work so much with youth between the ages of 11 and 18.
I never made New Year’s goals for 2014, but here are my goals for my 25th year. They are in no particular order.
- Ask for it.
- Initiate: Don’t expect someone else to do it.
- Look for opportunities to be helpful.
- Focus on living in the moment. Note the positive things.
- Take time to be thankful.
- Get my novel ready for review.
- Rock the GRE.
- Be diligent about journaling.
- Read more.
- Focus on health: Eat less sugar. Control portions.
- Exercise everyday.
- Publish consistently on Connecting the Dots.
- Learn Guaraní.
- Become fluent in castellano.
- Stay in touch with my US network.
- Reach out to friends in Paraguay; don’t always go it alone.
- Hone patience.
- Smile more.
- Learn biology, chemistry, and math.
- Make listening to podcasts part of my routine.
- Solidify a positive self-image.
- Listen to understand, not to respond.
- Share more.
- Let the little things go.
- Ask more questions.